It took me some more time than expected to get a useful workaround for the OnEquip problem mentioned, but at least for the Arena Raiment it now works. I’m currently working on another approach to exchange scripted items already while still in the inventory, so my scripts won’t unequip them anymore.
I also included the adapted version of the Arena Raiment as mentioned. The meshes are for use with Robert’s Body v4 and TeamFF, but future expansions for other bodies are planned as well. I really hope someone else also starts creating new items for the Argonian Feet as they now can be equipped flawlessly, and I also hope for lots of conversions from existing modded content as well. But most of all I hope for feedback.
download from TES Nexus as usual (still optional part of Argonian Beautification): link
It was requested right from the start to make my Argonian Beautification compatible to other female body replacers as there are quite a number of them actually. I started with Robert’s v3.x and TFF because that was what jdayT initially designed his Argonian Feet fitting to. For v2.0 I already started including others as Robert’s v4 (not that a big deal of course), Breeze’s Defined Male Body and vanilla male and female, by creating new textures for vanilla closely resembling my original fullbody textures (neither for Robert’s nor for Breeze’s was it neccessary to change textures as they all use the same, apart from the normal maps for Breeze’s) and creating new meshes from the Argonian Feet fitting all these bodies together with fitting “slightly bend” legs for all of them, quite as jdayT originally did.
Now I decided to include textures and meshes (in no particular order) as well for Exnem’s Female Eyecandy, Biu’s Adventuress’ Body and Robert’s female (which will be the easiest texture-wise, quite similar to TFF) and am currently analyzing what would have to be done and thinking about a way to get my textures somehow fitting or to create new ones from scratch again. At least the modeling work in Blender won’t be too complicated as I’m already well used to it. By this time I’m also able to adapt all spiked tail and claws meshes to fit the respective bodies, so I will give it a try as well.
I soon realized my scripts released previously only exchange the meshes with the version fitting the Argonian Feet when equipped by an Argonian, but will never revert them back to normal, e.g. if they are taken away from the Argonian and given to another NPC or the player. Fixing this though was really easy and is already implemented and working and will be included in the next release.
I also adapted the Arena Raiment, as it is a very important armor and can’t stay an item forbidden to equip, which will be automatically force-unequipped as soon as you try to equip it.
And again I really like the results.
But working with the raiment I realized another very annoying fault of my scripts, which I unfortunately can’t fix currently as it originates from an engine glitch of Oblivion, so they might not work as expected for items having a script running on them.
Due to an engine glitch the script command “EquipItem” doesn’t trigger an “OnEquip” block in a script running on the item that gets force-equipped. The Arena Raiment uses such a script to set a flag if it is worn or not to allow entering the arena or not. Unfortunately now the script command “UnequipItem” in fact does trigger an “OnUnequip” block in a script on the item that gets force-unequipped. So when you equip the Arena Raiment, its script sets the flag to 1 (allowing you to enter the arena), then my script kicks in and force-unequips it (because it’s not a mesh fitting the Argonian Feet) and the flag is set to 0 (normal behavior up to here as expected), it replaces the mesh to be loaded to one fitting the feet and afterwards re-equips it. Now the flag doesn’t get set to 1 again as expected due to the engine glitch mentioned, which eternally prevents you from entering the arena.
There are some possible workarounds for this and one of them will be included in the next release, but only affecting the Arena Raiment for now, because I will only change the script running on it into something working more fail-safe and reliable. Later after I implemented a “global” workaround I have in mind already this will no longer be neccessary nor needed anyways.